Friday, November 3, 2017

Seeing Red

Boy Wonder didn't want to have the booster seat any more but he couldn't quite reach without a bit of a boost.
Grandma made him a cushion that is grown up and he was thrilled~ 
 Nap-time project today-a pin cushion/thread catcher!  
A sweet sewing idea but also works for knitters because of all the clutter we accumulate-it can all be contained and still handy with this item!
 My yard is full of red blooms!  This is the Caleandra.
 The Shrimp Plant. 
 (I am still seeing hummingbirds and they love this plant!)
 All the Coleus is beautiful shades of red and rust and bronze!
 The Indigo has produced its third crop of leaves! 
 It is striking-now to learn how to make it a dye bath!
The Ti plant has lots more pink/red than showed up in the photo but it is such a pop of flame in our yard! 
 The Poinsettia should be joining the show in the next month! 
 We already had a red Camellia but I missed a pic of it!  
I love this time of year!

7 comments:

  1. Love that cushion - great idea! And wow! You have amazing flowers on your property. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What clever projects! All your blooms make me happy. It's all rake, rake, rake here...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is turning brown and grey here - winter is quickly approaching.

    My Mom always had a Coleus on top of the TV. It loved that spot and flourished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love that you made a booster-cushion for Will. Kinda reminded me of the big boy clothes protector. 😊 The pincushion/bag gadget is fun! And the plants are beautiful. I always look forward to seeing your camellias...and to seeing my worse-for-the-wear poinsettias come back to more-vibrant-than-ever life in your yard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart sewing!!! Allison just asked me how we survived without internet for finding places to purchase things....I told her we had PHONE books. And used them when we weren't putting children on them to boost them to the table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such neat things in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a ,"Nap time project" Boy do I do a lot of those!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...