I have had this project on the sewing machine for days!
Each wedge that needed to be embroidered required 45 minutes and a LOT of thread. The instructions said to fill the bobbin with the same thread as the top-
I wish I had just matched it with the same color sewing thread
because I ran out of the rayon thread
and had to make some of the wedges with a darker color. Sigh.
The little leaves are cute.
Everything needed to be trimmed
and then soaked to remove the water soluble stabilizer.
(A funny side note;
BoyWonder spilled his OJ in the sewing room
and instead of telling me, he tried to clean it up on his own.
He grabbed some of the cut stabilizer and wiped it up
and then was freaked out when the 'paper towel' began to turn to glop!
He threw it down on the rug and left it.
When I came in, I panicked because it looked like one of the cats
had thrown up her intestines on the rug!
Upon cleaning up, I figured out what happened
and Will confessed to using one of my paper towels!
The first set of gluing went well and I was excited about putting it together!
Unfortunately, the top section was a nightmare!
I couldn't get the top circles to stay put because the curving of the wedges pulled it away.
I finally got it secured with clothes pins again
but when it dried, I could see gaps.
It is pretty and it is going to be a lone pumpkin because this project gets the
"There, I tried that!" award!
10 hours of work to learn a lot.