Wednesday, October 25, 2017

That's a Wrap!

 The leg warmer was off the needles......all the ends were woven in and I turned it over and matched it to its mate. 
 Uh, oh.
 I 'remembered' the cast on number of stitches in error. 
 It showed! 
 I cut off the cuff to at least save me the work of knitting one end again and it was the wrong end. 
  I cut off the other, picked up the stitches and began again. 
This happens to knitters;  it's how we handle it 
that separates the novice from the expert.
24 hours later, I have the completed set of mittens and leg warmers
 to go with the hat I already mailed my great-niece 
who just turned 5 months old
 and live up north where they are needing woolens already. 
 Knit with love and in the mail today!

9 comments:

  1. They are adorable - nice save. Knitting errors can usually be fixed with patience and bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Not sure I could've done what you did...I am a novice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are cold. The heats on. That darling darling set will be loved and I hope used

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah! Been there, done that tooooo many times. They are perfect for keeping little ones warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a story!!!! I would have chucked it all in the trash. Good save!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable!! Love the pink and grey together.

    (P.S. I could use some woolies here in Jax this morning. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This set is soooooo adorable. Makes me wish my girl were little again, with chubby little legs to hold those leg warmers! [wistful sigh] I will just enjoy seeing Hannah wearing them! Sorry for the setbacks, but I’m so glad you conquered...they are worth the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the cuff issue but you can't tell at all which one you had to fix. I think that wee little one is going to be very cozy in her new outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...