Thursday, October 5, 2017

Beauty and Beastly

 The yellows are finished and now onto orange!  I am missing some of the spectrum for orange but I have enough to keep me busy for a bit.
 The sawtooth block quilt has finally had some quilting started-now I have to decide on what to do with the borders and sashings....

 The cats are all shedding like mad for the change in season-Lena was a bit leery of the brush at first but now gets excited as soon as she sees me coming with it!
 The latest watercolor is framed and in the new showing-my art teacher will display our latest watercolors in the town hall 
and off them for sale if you are willing.  
 I sold another bird painting which made me pretty excited! 
 I can't believe what a difference several months make in my development.
  My latest ones are all my favorites!  
The Hurricane disrupted the planned launch for September's show
 but I'm glad it did so I could display this one.
 We still have so many areas of the property that look like this-
so much work still to do to clear it all!
 Fall also means sand burrs..........these things are lethal! 
 They collect on your shoe souls and when you try to remove them, their fish hook spines stick and prick on every finger!  Ow! 
 They are also a bane to the cats;  
not only that they hurt feet 
but can be painful to the mouth as they try to remove them from their paws!
Speaking of painful-this is our pool .   One month without the pool pump does not produce beautiful, crystal clear water.   It looks like a stagnant pond .
The first pump that was sent once Bill arrive home, was defective! 
 So he had to uninstall it and ship it back, 
order a new one and we are still waiting for it to arrive!!!! 
 I am hoping by this weekend, this will begin to be an asset
 and not a health hazard!

7 comments:

  1. Oh good golly. Your poor pool!
    Love the watercolor. I envy your skill. It's so much harder than it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pool maintenance must be never-ending. I hope the new pump arrives soon.

    Congratulations on selling the bird painting. How exciting to have your work in a public display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed Rupert shedding a lot more than normal. Thankfully, he loves the brush. Burton just wants to eat it. Peno HATES it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those burrs look nasty. and your poor pool - hope that pump arrives sooner rather than later. Congratulations on selling a painting - that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The burrs look really painful. OUCH! I can see how outdoor pets could really suffer. Your Waterfall painting is lovely. I can see the movement in the work. Its lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sand spurs have been AWFUL this year. I tracked some into the apartment unawares and the stuck in the carpet. I found them with my bare feet. NOT FUN!

    Hope your pool pump arrives soon. The same thing happened in our apartment complex. The pool and spa looked quite awful for awhile. They didn't smell that great either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting and cat pictures are much nicer than the pool picture — that one is so sad! Hope it is sparkling blue again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...