Friday, October 13, 2017

Beach Overnighter!

 We took a trip to Fernandina Beach!
  The boys are not the happiest travelers but we made the two hour trip mostly intact!  A visit to the beach calmed all of us!
                           The bigger cousins ran and played in the surf...
                     ...while the youngest kept a good patrol of the beach!
 The grown-ups were on the hunt for sharks' teeth!!!!  
The top of the photo are bits of petrified wood. 
 The bottom row , second in from the left is my first find of a 'palate' of the puffer fish!  
  
 It doesn't look like much in this photo 
but it is shiny like ebony
 and has very specific markings to identify it as such.
 Thank you for the lovely visit beach.....see you at low tide tomorrow!
 We saw this on the walk over the boardwalk.....a gopher tortoise.
 The older kids all climbed up to see him digging...
...... little guy took the easy peek!
 After dinner, the sky looked like this as we prepared for a  campfire.
It looked like a wildfire but it was only the brilliance of a sunset to the west.
Marshmallows over the campfire was the perfect ending to our day!
The best thought as we dozed off.....we are going  back to the beach!

8 comments:

  1. An impressive collection of teeth!

    I'm sitting here watching snow fall and dreaming of being on the beach and roasting marshmallows on an open fire. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think of this time of year as beach time, but of course it is! We are wearing sweaters and starting to put slippers and socks on.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like heaven. I could use a day at the beach. It's been so gloomy here for weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i miss my beach! We were supposed to go in Sept, but Irma caboshed that trip. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a perfect day. Do you know all the time I have lived in Florida I have never found a sharks tooth?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a haul of shark's teeth.

    Which beach do you go to to find all those teeth. We usually stay out by the marina, but maybe I need to take an ocean walk and find some teeth before I leave Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...