Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Marsel and I got her quilt loaded on the frame so that every spare moment could contribute to its completion!
All the fussy-cut squares are rightly accented!
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Thursday, November 20, 2014
I am using Cascade Paint superwash worsted. (Get a look at the price on this booklet!)
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
When it came to the applique plans......I hit a brick wall! Note to self-do not buy this double sided fusible web ever again! The paper just doesn't release and I had a mess.
Monday, November 17, 2014
I worked on Millie's quilt until it was up off the floor-a big hurdle for me!
I have the plans all drawn up.
Now I have to cut it all out! This is how I work from the drawing-figuring out how many of each and working to make it all fit before I begin sewing. I had planned on having the large squares in the center section on being cut 6 1/2" but I bought a collection and the fabrics were all cut as 6" strips. I just cut the sashing a bit larger and it should all work out just fine!
I ended with a reknit-I ripped out the bulky cap that was just a bit too small and redid the math to make it larger. I have this feeling it is a bit too large but it will be whatever size it is after this!
Saturday, November 15, 2014
I finished the socks for Matthew! I can't believe the yarn matched up when I was just going for random....there is order in the universe!
On the piecing front, I managed to make the rest of the outside rows I needed for the last 7 blocks. I hope to get them sewn on in sto...
The classic sweater for Will is now completed! I hand knit all the ribbing and then seamed it up between naps yesterday. This on...
In the Autumn 2018 issue of SpinOff magazine, there is a very interesting article about a hat that was 'discovered' during th...
I didn't feel well Sunday night but got really slammed with fever/sore throat last night. I am pretty sure it is strep but will go ...