The Silver Leaves Shawlette is off the needles and onto the blocking board!
I knew all along that there wouldn't be enough of the Autumn dyed hand spun wool so that is why this bottom up shawl is a good pattern for this project.
I knit up with the colored wool until I ran out
and then switched to the commercial yarn.
(Webs Stockbridge in Kiwi, 1 1/2 skeins)
See the beautiful leaves all along the edge?
Blocked, this shawl measures 70 "x 14" Size 8 needles on DK yarn
Meet Autumn Leaves Crescent Shawl!
I am going to knit this shawl again with some major modifications-even more than I did on this first one.
In the pattern photos, it is knit with some major rookie wrap and turns in the body of the shawl leaving large holes.
I improved the method of short row stitches for this area of the pattern.
The designer also decreased too many stitches in the lace section before transitioning to the body of the shawl-
I left out most of the decreases on this shawl
and on the next shawl,
I will not decrease at all.
I also want the leaf to point down and not up-
a little bit of pattern modification on some graph paper
and I should be good to go!
More to come!