Friday, October 20, 2017

Elevator Down!

 I was not at all enamored of the shawl, Elevations. 
 It progressed too slowly and I was bored; 
 I have so little knitting time that as it is, I am not going to waste it!
 It was a bit of effort to rip it out because of all the yarn twisting along the edge to carry the off color but it wasn't too bad.
 Silver Leaves Shawlette is on the needles 
and though off at a bit of  snag since I read the first chart row wrong
 and had to tink back all 355 stitches,
 I at least zipped through the re-do row the second time. 
 The hardest part so far is finding enough stitch markers to go around all the pattern repeats!
 Here's a box of love-I don't know about you, but these Maple Sugar candies are the best!  
Daughter sent these to me and it is pure love!
  Hmmmmm!
 We've been having great sunsets lately; 
 this is facing east but the sun made these clouds just glow with orange, pink and purple!  Fascinating.
Lena is trying to play with the reigning queen, Nyki, but it is still a bit one-sided after 10 months.  There's hope though-you can see it in her eyes!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE those maple candies too and they are so hard to find. They have a maple booth at the MDSW and if you are not there early the candy is always gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena does have hope shining in her eyes. Tabby kitties have such pretty coats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better to rip sooner than later! Love that sweet face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't he adorable? My older boys loved Legos, as for Little B they are too small for him to use. He has a few Duplos which are much bigger. Love the s=new shawl you are making. You are right, if you don't have much time to knit you should only knit what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cats take time, but IM always optimistic. OH I liked the shawl, but YOU are the boss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that shawl and it did take forever! I used a gradient yarn and I thought I would pass out from boredom at times. Gosh, I used to get maple candies every year when we would go to Vermont. So good! Enjoy yours. My mouth is watering....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love seeing photos of Lena! She is a cutie pie.

    Your new shawl colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stripes were beautiful, but I’m glad you are happier with the new pattern. No sense making one you dislike when there are so many options for things that are pretty AND fun to knit! So glad you are enjoying the maple sugar hugs. ;) The clouds and Lena are both lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...