Sunday, October 8, 2017

Autumn Leaves Shawl

I have a new project on the needles for the knit-a-long, 
I ๐Ÿ’— FALL.
 I am doing some major changes
but using the basic layout for the shawl.
We shall see! 
 I am alternating the handspun with some commercial yarn to stretch the yardage but I am having major doubts at this point!
I am going to rip this out 
and make this shawl from one tip to the other
 and not from the middle first and then to be worked out from each side of the central panel.
I have some major figuring to do before I will cast on again!

In the meantime, I also have this on the needles!
A new pair of therapeutic fingerless mitts.
From the decadent Silver Spun Cotton of Feel Good Yarn Company.
This time in their sport weight yarn.
A one skein pattern comes with the purchase of yarn. 
I have not checked for Errata but I am finding quite a few!
It's a good thing I have been knitting a long time
so I can 'see' a mistake before I make it in the knitting!

 This isn't a Fall color, 
but the cooler weather's bite to joints will be just what this mitt will  alleviate!

7 comments:

  1. Those mitts are beautiful. I do not have much tolerance for errata. YOU Are a great knitter like my daughter and she catches a mistake right away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH...I hate when I have to re-engineer patterns. The cable on the mitt is just so pretty though. Looks like all the hard work will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much knitting drama but it always seems to work out in the end. I guess that's what makes it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It snows here in the Fall, so I think the color of the mitts is very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have pulled out a pair of my mitts already (already knit by you, of course! ๐Ÿ˜)...my body knows it’s fall, even though it’s still very summery weather! Those shawl colors will be perfect for you once you get it reworked and made to your own specs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...