Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Rising Above

 The old shawl attempt was ripped out and I am knitting the Elevations shawl.
I am carrying the color up the side for the color changes 
because I couldn't bear to have all the ends to weave in!  
I am making sure I am carrying the strands Goldilocks right-
you know, not too tight or too loose but just right! lol
It is working out well!  
I almost have the pattern clear in my head as I work along-
I do forget what side I am on every once in a while
 so I am grateful for the stitch marker on the front 
so I can glance for the assurance of which side is which!  
I also managed to make some binding and sew it in place. 
I must have imagined I already cut and sewed and pressed some for this quilt!
I couldn't find it anywhere, if I did indeed make some.
It's so much fun to age....
And here is the quilt after a good wash and dry to finish it.  I do love the look  cotton batting gives to my quilts!
The wavering lines or mistakes are all subtle now and it looks great!
And a new quilt is on the frame already!  This one is for my neighbor, Millie.
She finished the Shop Hop blocks we did last summer!

8 comments:

  1. I love the soft, puckery look a good wash gives to a quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet quilt, I am sure it will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will go in the pile now and wait for just the right baby to come along!

      Delete
  3. The baby quilt is so pretty. The swirly quilting lines on the green are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your fun yarn has morphed into a lovely shawl. I recognize that marker? Val?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on the quilt. I love how washing gives quilts a nice crinkly look.

    I use a marker to indicate the right side, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was confused for a minute when I saw the Lighthouse quilt on your machine...I forgot that Millie got those blocks, too! The sawtooth quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...