Thursday, August 5, 2010

Off the Needles


I have been a lump today......the pool has imparted a new phenomena-swimmers ear!  It woke me up several times in the night and has throbbed most of the day.  I have learned to swim underwater without plugging my nose-okay, this might be old news for most of you but is a very NEW skill for me.  My parents are great examples of learning new tricks even if you are an old dog, so I try to be open to new skills!  I have never suffered swimmers ear before and I find it is not a welcome visitor!  Marsel has shared a home remedy she learned from her beloved audiologist, RaDora, and after Bill went to the store for me to buy the ingredients, I have been able to administer the 'cure' and get some relief.  (equal parts white vinegar and alcohol dropped into the ear to kill the bacteria that has fermented there).  In future,I will put some in my ear when I feel that I have collected a bit of water, which I have felt for the past few days and it finally bloomed into real discomfort.  Live and learn, right?!
So, while I have been sitting, I did a bit of knitting.  I have finished the Percy shawl (free Ravelry pattern).
It is blocked and drying in the sewing room.  (Particulars=KnitPicks Shimmer lace yarn, #6 needles)
My needles are empty but only for a few minutes.....
...........alpaca yarn and Bronte's Mitts (Ravelry free pattern) here I come!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting some relief. I am so proud of you for your new skill -- it's very cool!

    The shawl is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the shawl looks great (what a difference after blocking:)). pity about your ear, it has nothing to do with the funny colour of the water in the pool? get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is beautiful!!! Somehow the color is fitting for a post about swimming!

    Hope your ear feels better soon! I've never had swimmers ear luckily.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about seeing a shawl all blocked out - it's like watching a butterfly emerge from its cocoon and the wings expans as they dry. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...