Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am a Duo

Mom and I do our quilting thing apart for most of the year but it is wonderful to be able to share it in the same room!  I didn't bring my own sewing equipment because of flying this year, but my sister loaned me her machine and Mom and I are sharing the rest of the tools.  It works just fine.
Jelly rolling a quilt top-this one is mine (fabric from ConnectingThreads)
and Mom's(fabric from JoAnnFabrics)
We went to her knitting group Saturday morning and enjoyed the like-mindedness of other knitters! They are making baby hats, preparing for the cold ahead so we each made several to add to the collection.
Today, we worked on a new purse for Mom.  I got to spend a lot of time with my nieces, too, which is glorious!  Here one is getting a refresher course in knitting!

It is good to work as part of a duo for a change!

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to work together...it's always such a special treat! The quilts are coming along nicely.

    Did you notice the similar concentration-scowls on your two companions?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a family of crafty ladies, gotta love that! I bet your having an awesome time, enjoy your vacation and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to be so close to your mom. I envy you.

    I like the quilt pattern - simple yet pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...