Thursday, August 5, 2010
Off the Needles
I have been a lump today......the pool has imparted a new phenomena-swimmers ear! It woke me up several times in the night and has throbbed most of the day. I have learned to swim underwater without plugging my nose-okay, this might be old news for most of you but is a very NEW skill for me. My parents are great examples of learning new tricks even if you are an old dog, so I try to be open to new skills! I have never suffered swimmers ear before and I find it is not a welcome visitor! Marsel has shared a home remedy she learned from her beloved audiologist, RaDora, and after Bill went to the store for me to buy the ingredients, I have been able to administer the 'cure' and get some relief. (equal parts white vinegar and alcohol dropped into the ear to kill the bacteria that has fermented there). In future,I will put some in my ear when I feel that I have collected a bit of water, which I have felt for the past few days and it finally bloomed into real discomfort. Live and learn, right?!
So, while I have been sitting, I did a bit of knitting. I have finished the Percy shawl (free Ravelry pattern).
It is blocked and drying in the sewing room. (Particulars=KnitPicks Shimmer lace yarn, #6 needles)
My needles are empty but only for a few minutes.....
...........alpaca yarn and Bronte's Mitts (Ravelry free pattern) here I come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A GOOD DAY TO STITCH WITH FRIENDS
I had a great time at QOV (quilts of valor) sew day yesterday; I even came home with some 'homework'! This is a pile of 3 1/2...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
So glad you are getting some relief. I am so proud of you for your new skill -- it's very cool!
ReplyDeleteThe shawl is stunning.
I agree, the shawl looks great (what a difference after blocking:)). pity about your ear, it has nothing to do with the funny colour of the water in the pool? get better soon!
ReplyDeleteThe shawl is beautiful!!! Somehow the color is fitting for a post about swimming!
ReplyDeleteHope your ear feels better soon! I've never had swimmers ear luckily.
Sue
What is it about seeing a shawl all blocked out - it's like watching a butterfly emerge from its cocoon and the wings expans as they dry. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great shawl!
ReplyDeleteAnother beautiful shawl:)
ReplyDelete