Friday, November 24, 2017

Starts and Finishes!


I haven't done any spinning for almost a year! 
 With a quiet few hours, I was able to spin 2.2 oz of this medium grade wool from Paradise Fibers in the Mars colorway.  
I hope to get some more spinning done soon and then on to plying! 
 I have a hat pattern in mind for this but more on that later.
The boot socks for my Dad are done;  while they were a quick knit, I didn't enjoy making them.
I'm not sure why-larger needles?  ...larger yarn?  ....boring color? ....my mood?
Whatever, on to the next project!

6 comments:

  1. That fiber reminds me of a cat, curled up and sleeping. Enjoy our spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really enjoying the boot socks I'm making either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinning has been on my back burner for awhile too. My wheel is right in front of my TV so it shows you how much TV I've been watching. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on your spinning. I think the yarn will work up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That fiber reminds me of Jared’s new kitten! Sorry the socks were boring; it will be fun to mail them off, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quiet spinning sounds so lovely and I don't even spin!!! i love to see the yarn that comes from the wool batts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

POST SURGERY TIME

I was able to get a ton of knitting time in  while in the Surgery Center with Bill yesterday!   He did well but it is harder to have surgery...