Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Numbered!

 I re-purposed some boards lying around to make this plaque for over my door.
Ever since I saw the quilt block painting on WyomingBreezes'  blog
I knew I needed to give one a try.
  I painted the quilt block called Clam Shells since I felt it would be appropriate 
and because I have made a quilt with them. 
 I enjoyed painting the sign and thanks for the inspiration, Nancy!
I had a bit of a challenge hanging it on our stucco house but succeeded in the end! 
  I like it over my front door!  

9 comments:

  1. That signs says, "THIS is the home of a quilter!" You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I'm glad you enjoyed creating a "house" quilt as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it. You did a great job. Nancy is always the great teacher!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!! Daddio would have loved that. He loved painting and he loved quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job! Love the colors and it just turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Nancy's Quilt Block painting too. I'm so glad you did your own lovely piece! It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this was a fun departure from your typical projects! Just right for your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...