Sunday, June 19, 2016

Saturday's Serenity

Ah, the butterflies are all stitched down and their antennae are in place! 
I stitched some of the antennae by hand and some by machine.  They all work out just fine to add a touch of whimsy! 
I finished stitching the rainbow stripes
                                                      and even sewed them all together!
Then I loaded the hexagon quilt onto the frame so it is ready for me when I think up a good design! 
And on the needles is a pair of socks for Marsel out of a leftover sock skein.  She likes her socks short so I am able to squeeze out another pair from the skein.  It is KnitPicks' Stroll tonal yarn.

I had a great Saturday-how about you?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice projects. I hadn't noticed before that the butterflies were missing their antennaes.

    This was a weekend of house projects. Now that Stephen has moved, we are FINALLY painting his room. We also repaired the ceiling fan in our bedroom AND after 22 years I finally was able to get the paint splotch off our bathroom window.

    Stephen gave me a different kind of window cleaner and it did the trick!

    So................I'm physically tired, but in a good way. Lots of projects knocked off the list of to-dos today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the butterflies have turned out beautifully! and I love the hexagon quilt with the muted colours - the rainbow... is a bit strong for my taste:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the butterflies! Looks like a very productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of those quilts but the stripes one is just so stunning! Love the optical illusion. Maybe bees on the hexagon quilt?!

    And finding a new pair of socks for me at the end of the post was icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

Quilted Jars of Food!

 Just unrolled from the frame is this quilt by Millie, my neighbor.  We collected food fabric last summer when we did a shop hop.  (Sorry...