Saturday, June 25, 2016

Steaming!

I sit and knit while Will rides his bike in the morning when it is cooler out...which is relative because it was 91F by 8 this morning!
But I finished this pair of socks for Marsel.
It has a mini cable running up the outside of each sock.
It is KnitPicks Stroll Tonal on #2 needles. 
I cast on another pair-this one for me in KnitPicks Stroll Tonal.
I cleaned out my sock drawer and picked a few colors to go with my winter pants.
This was one of the essentials.
I am knitting a cool  DNA-ish design up the side. 
We are starting to find the 'giant' grasshoppers on our plants.  These are 5' long and can devour a flowering plant overnight.  Not a welcome guest at all.  Will decided he wanted to keep one.
He is not fond of insects so this is the reason for his face-I asked him to hold the jar for a picture and he said, "No, Grandma, you hold it!
So I did! 
This is how you beat the heat!
A nice cool down after a long day.
(We hit 103F today with humidity almost that high!)

5 comments:

  1. Will and his facial expressions -- lol!

    Gotta love socks with a design on the outside edge... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that face:) I have to admit that my son doesn't like the creepy-crawlies either. the only time he was really interested was when watching a frog in a glass jar! though the good side of a cooler climate is that the insects tend to be on the smaller size as well:) that grasshopper might be a nasty bug, but it does look very interesting! I envy you the handy pool - but not the temps that come with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no....5 inch grasshoppers? I wouldn't hold it either. Sorry about the heatwave. It's still pretty mild here which I am sure won't last much longer.
    I admire anyone that can knit in that heat. My mojo has disappeared again but I have plenty of other things to do to stay busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That heat is overwhelming! I don't think we've been quite that hot here. Last night was gorgeous for sitting outside. There was such a nice breeze. If I have a complaint, it would be that we could use a little rain.

    Oh how I hate those grasshoppers. They are all over the walking/biking trail that we use. :-( I agree with Will --- YUCKY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy that is a huge grasshopper! My Zach LOVED bugs. I had to learn to pick up daddy lon g legs with my fingers for him

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A WOOD BUMP

I called dibs on a burl on a tree at church.  When I saw that someone had removed it (half was rotten and it wasn't safe anymore) I remi...