Sunday, March 25, 2012

The End of the Visit

 Most of the family has gone back to their homes far away....Bruce and Marsel stayed to finish out the week though!  We puttered, loafed by the pool and did some projects.  I am smocking a dress for Abigail and I am working without the right thread but it is working nonetheless.......
 Thursday, we went to the ocean and met Jessica and her boys-they are on Spring Break so we all took a day off!  It has been a long time since I have savored the beach and it was as wonderful as always.  We are all sun-kissed to prove it!
 Friday, Abigail celebrated her 8th birthday!  I managed to finish her smocked dress just in the nick of time-(an hour before I wrapped it!)
 In the afternoon, she had friends over from our church and enjoyed a swim-something she couldn't have enjoyed in Georgia yet!
I knit up a pair of socks with worsted weight yarn, Cascade 220, to try an idea.  I have seen several versions of the Swiss Cheese scarf and thought it would work for the cuff of these yellow socks!  Well, it did and I am pleased with the fit of these heavier weight socks.  (Blogger has morphed the proportions of the picture-these are a normal size for women-not as short and fat as they appear in this pic!)

7 comments:

  1. You've posted many beautiful photos lately of your family. Wedding was so pretty! Congrats on your new grandchild. What a blessing. The dress you made is so cute. I'm a yellow person so you know I love your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable dress. Can you believe she is 8?

    Cool socks, too. I love the cuff.

    Swimming pool in March. Since it was 34 degrees this morning, I can just lean back an imagine that nice warm water all around me. Ahhh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The socks are lovely and the marshmallow peeps match perfectly. The dress turned out lovely in spite of the close call timewise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again for another wonderful visit...only problem is missing you so much after we leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS -- Abigail opted to save her dress and wear it as her special Easter dress -- she is so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smocked dress is beautiful, and the socks look great with that cuff! Glad you were able to have a nice visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought they were babies' booties before I read the post! LOL

    Lovely job on the smoked dress. Abigail looks pleased.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...