Thursday, March 1, 2012

Closing in Toward the Finish Line

 I bound off my fair isle vest.......it looks funny because of the steeks pulling it out  of shape;
 ...but after you sew up and down the steeks to stablilize the stitches, and cut down the middle of the two rows of stitching.........Voila!  The knitting is starting to look like a vest!  Now to the ribbing.
 Strawberries are beginning to show up in our fruit stands!  What a great room freshener as the batch was simmering!
 Mom and I started a new project this afternoon..........it is a dishcloth.
 The men finished a project-enclosing the outside parts of the fireplace! 
 This will need to have the stucco applied and some sort of decoration in the line of tile which we are still debating!
Tonight, Bling sat under the orchid, gazing outside and looking very feline.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your vest, striking, but not "loud"! and the jam, hmmm... no strawbs around here yet (or rather imported from africa and such = a no go:((), so I have to be patient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that's a dishcloth? It sure looks like the beginning of a shawl to me. :)

    The vest looks awesome. Still haven't had the guts to steek anything, yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much loveliness...can hardly wait to get there and share it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you used the greys and white in the fair isle design. Just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FRIDAY FINISHES!

The 3-yard quilt top is all sewn together and ready for the quilting frame!  It was pretty easy to stitch it and even a bit boring to just k...