Thursday, March 23, 2017

For the Record-



A Hap for Harriet by Kate Davies.
A new shawl on the needles.  
#7 needles and the over-dyed hand-spun Shetland yarn. 
This is consolation knitting....  
 Goodbyes are horrible on every level.
My Son and his family have left for home today.
 I am very grateful for the time we shared during their visit in spite of the joys of sick little girls-the stomach bug came all the way from Washington to share this visit!
I so loved the 'in person' snuggles and books and laughs; 
 while Skype connects us the rest of the year, 
this was SO much sweeter....

We didn't get to do everything we had planned on but thoroughly enjoyed being together for golf cart rides, pool time and sharing the kids.

5 comments:

  1. So nice to have the "real" visits. Sorry about the bug that came too, but glad you all had such a nice time. A lot of people are making a Hap for Harriet - it is a gorgeous pattern. Love your yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got the time with them. I know my Mom misses her girls an awful lot. It would be nicer if we all lived closer together, but we make the best of it when we do get together - and that makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of extra hugs today. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good-byes are always tough. Seem like it doesn't even matter how long your kids are with you a good-bye is hard. I can't even imagine how it is with grandchildren. Sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is terrible to say goodbye. I cry for days.
    You will love that Hap pattern. It's a very soothing knit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...