Monday, July 13, 2015

TDF Day Off , So.....

I finished the reversible hat #3 ; only one more to go.  I have to make one now for the baby cuz this idea was to make a hat for each of the members of the family. 
I have been making so many girl things I decided to make a pair of shorts for Will.  He considers himself a golfer like his Dad so he will love these! 
I saw this guy cranking across the back yard;  I had to get his picture!  He wasn't happy to be intercepted but he faced off without hiding in his shell! 
On the walk back, I found another Loofah bloom;  they are so pretty. 
And several loofahs are growing.  These are orphan plants but we like them so we left them. 
I finished two more blocks.  I had a hard time finding fabric to make all the squares since I used scraps to make the star blocks and didn't leave enough for the connecting blocks!  I might have to be a bit more flexible in the block plans! 
I was cleaning out some of the fabric bins and digging around and found a box of these pins.  I started collecting them in the 90's.  They have never been displayed;  they have sat in a box for decades!  I pulled out some fabric and batting and pinned them on and hung it on the wall!  Much better! 
I cast on a sock and knitted to my hearts content.......
It was a good day of rest.

2 comments:

  1. As usual, your rest day makes the average person look like a sloth!!

    Cute shorts -- I'm sure Will will love to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pins! That is one big tortoise!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

ALMOST A TOP!

  I have all of the pieces blocks finished  and the borders are cut but nothing is sewn to its neighbor yet  but that is on the schedule for...