Thursday, August 3, 2017

Back to the Nest

 
 So nice to come back with my family.  I arrived home in time for my baby sister's birthday and we had a family cookout!
We are the three fledglings...
I had a knitting emergency on the plane when I decided to change the pattern for the sock I was knitting; I chose the Zigzagular socks which then required a cable needle.   I tried it without said needle and couldn't keep the stitch pinched in place.  I ended up looking in my purse for something and came up with this!  It worked great!  Since we had 6 more hours of travel time than planned due to mechanical difficulties, I was not going to just sit there with nothing to do!
It worked fine and I had a completed sock when I hit the ground in NY!

5 comments:

  1. I love it: knitters are innovators!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to remember that if I ever need one - usually DS has a few lollies with him:) if all else failed I could probably come up with a hairpin in my hand luggage... whatever it takes to keep knitting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenuity to the rescue!! I would likely have just eaten the sucker when faced with the dilemma though. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had been with you, I would have sacrificed and eaten the lollipop for you so you'd have had a more balanced stick! Lol. Great idea to solve your problem, anyway! Enjoy family time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC FORTUNES

I enjoyed a day at home yesterday!  It has been a long time since I had a relaxing day at home!  I cleaned (which I like to do!) and launder...