Saturday, November 1, 2025

TIME TO VISIT THE STUDIO!

I loaded the next QOV quilt onto the frame 
and hope to get at least half of it done today.
Mom gave me one of my Aunt's doilies and thought I could figure out the pattern and write it out;  she likes written directions and I like a chart when it comes to crochet.  Now to do a test run!
 

8 comments:

  1. Those crochet charts are a mystery to me. I can see how deconstructing a pattern could help with with figuring them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That QOV pattern is beautiful. Have fun with your pattern. It looks pretty easy to figure out ---- or at least very close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The crocheted doily brings back memories. Going through my oarents' house, I came across doilies and squares for bedspreads that my mother had made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek, charted crochet!!! I run in terror. LOL. Can't wait to see the quilt done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful quilt! As for me, I don't ever crochet unless a knitting pattern requires it; it's just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer written instructions although I can follow charts too. My grandma taught me to make a doll sized zig-zag blanket for my baby dolls when I was 7. It was my first and last project with her because she died soon after. I only knew the chain and single crochet. I had NO. idea how to read a pattern or what all of those letters and symbols stood for. However, I was determined to learn and taught myself. Years later I watched YouTube to teach myself knitting because no one I knew was knitting at the time and I wanted to make socks. Now it seems a lot of younger people are knitting. Oops. Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need written instructions for crochet -- charts don't make a lot of sense to me. I used to make tons of doilies but not so much anymore. That looks like a pretty little design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

TANGLED THREADS!

So daughter decided to empty some old yarn bins  for us to detangle and sort for usability. We matched up colors and got to work. We put her...