Wednesday, June 24, 2026

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN IT IS 100F OUTSIDE?

You play in the studio!
I added another partial row to these blocks to get an idea of size, if I added sashing.  But a miscut meant that I am a block short.  
I will pick up another fat quarter this week at my LQS to make the last block! I think I will also buy some fabric for a border,
 then it will meet QOV  size requirements!
(with sashing, it is 48 x68")
I also cut out the pieces to begin work on the Liberty Box quilt!  Nice and easy cutting which included NO mistakes, I'm glad to report!
 

8 comments:

  1. Yikes! 100 is HOT. We are barely at 60 this morning (but it should warm up to 80 or so). Hope your headache is gone and it's nice to see you are having fun in the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooooooooo.....I love that patriotic project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it's that hot I stay inside too. Your new quilt top is going to make an awesome QOV. Well done! I haven't begun the Liberty Box project yet, but am thinking I'll work on it as a July goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great QOV quilt. I love the patchwork look and I know a veteran will too. We're in the 90's this week so I can empathize. Haven't hit 100 yet this year but I know it's coming eventually. Ha! I thank God every day that He gave someone the knowledge to create air conditioning. It's been in the 90's in London for the past week or two and they don't have AC. Ours kids are miserable with that little new baby. We are blessed here in the USA.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work! 100 is too hot for me. We've only had one day of it so far and it was enough. I've got the windows open right now. We've been promised a decent day with low humidity after several days of rain. Sounds good. I hope it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your answer to what to do in 100deg heat - whew - that is too hot!! Love the blocks and the quilt top you are working on

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always enthralled by the work you do!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankfully, our summer has been quite moderate so far! I would love for it to hold, but I know the hot and humies are going to hit us any day now! But that means more time to do my inside crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FABRIC PLAY

The large pieces of these blocks made this a quick top to gather---I still have to stitch all of the pieces into a top.   I thoroughly enjoy...