Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Stuff


This has been sighted out back several times this week............

our neighbor is logging out the little forest in his back acreage and the only way to remove his timber is across our back area. We posted a route for the trucker to drive across and so he makes the trip at least once a day.

He goes down the right of way lane next to our house and then out to the main road. Nice guy, hopefully he stays on his appointed route so the turtles, etc , can stay out of his way.

I got a quilt ready to stitch on the frame. It has been a long time since I have had anything to work on. This will be a challenge; it is an applique in a day quilt that I started a long time ago but it is finally done and ready to be brought forth.........the quilting will need to be a bit more formal than what I have done previously so we will see how it goes! It is all ready for me to tackle first thing tomorrow morning.

I bought the backing for this quilt at JoAnns yesterday along with many notions that I had used up. I used to go to that store every week but now go once every 4-6 weeks so my list tends to be specific and not as spontaneous. I bought some red calico to finish the borders on the red and white quilt, some accent fabric for a quilt I am designing-a paper pieced one, several packets of needles and a quilt ruler-I have been slowly replacing my plexiglass rulers because they have gotten cloudy due to age. Bill dropped me off when he went to have the car worked on and I got to shop until I dropped. I even got done before him and sat and knitted for 1/2 hour on the green shawl!

He looked at every truck in Volusia county but didn't find just the right one. The hunt is on!

3 comments:

  1. Although my quilt like yours has been done for several years maybe you could still quilt it? Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to purchase a quilt frame to finish one for a young niece. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A WOOD BUMP

I called dibs on a burl on a tree at church.  When I saw that someone had removed it (half was rotten and it wasn't safe anymore) I remi...