Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday Stuff

Bill didn't find the seed spreader he wanted but did get a deal on this trailer-only $180. It has the ramps to drive mower right on it. He said he had a great time .



Here are the finished bathroom pics........it is a deep, warm tan. The camera and monitor probably make it lighter than it is in person but you get the idea. I put sealer on the tile floor this morning so the fumes are a bit much but it looks good! Oh, I do like perking up my nest!


Bill spread the goat manure around his plants this morning just in time because a surprise rainstorm dropped over an inch in 25 minutes.
Our Pagoda plant has a bloom-it has looked like a stick for quite a while but it has finally come into its own. On a fully mature and established plant, the bloom can be as big as 18" high. Speaking of incredible blooms....the dahlias from my Dad just keep flowering. Bill sure enjoys them ; he envisions hundreds of them along the front of the house blooming all summer..........it is good to have a dream that is a real possibility!
Since it is very humid out right now, Bill has brought in his new BBQ grill to put together in here-as usual his trusty helper is right on the job!















These guys got rambunctious with the rain keeping them indoors the other day....I enjoyed quite a show.

Later, I found them curled up on the front porch when it was again raining out.


(No animals were injured in the recording of these photographs.................)


The kitchen tour of the day is finished, warm banana bread fills the house with good smells (competing with the floor sealer smells!), the potato casserole is cooling on the counter and I am heading in to get a bit of quilting in before Bill needs me to read directions to him for the grill!

2 comments:

  1. The bathroom looks WONDERFUL!!! I love it! (you forgot to plug Sherwin Williams paint, though :)!)

    Love the cat pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I used Sherwin Williams top-of-the-line Duration paint in a satin finish. It covered in just one coat and since it is scrubbable and durable it is the best choice for a bathroom!
    NAYY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...