Friday, October 24, 2008

A Working Farm Tour

Tuesday morning we packed up and head out to Cagle's Dairy Farm for a tour. We saw this on the way. Right in the middle of encroaching suburbia, there is this farm-the last farm in the state of Georgia to raise their own calfs to milking cows, and then milking, bottling and selling their product.


We enjoyed a hay ride, and watching their working dog, Tib, bring the cows in close for a feeding.
We enjoyed some chocolate milk at the end of our tour.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun - especially for the kids.
    There was a farm like that in Sydney when I was a kid; apparently it's still a working farm but no longer open to the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh - my child/grandkids live across the street from this farm :)
    Nice place to visit and watch cows.

    deni

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

WOOD WORKS

I cleaned the wood shop area;  the tools and the floor, etc so that I could begin work on that burl we acquired a few weeks ago!  It felt so...