Saturday, October 25, 2008

Georgia Peaches

We are home again but oh, what fun we had in Georgia!
David and I learned how to 'trap' a wild animal -his imagination is beyond compare!

Abigail did a lot of this.......right in the middle of playing something else (or here as she just woke up), a song would have to be expressed on the piano! She is taking lessons; reading music already but also hears it in her head and picks out tunes all the time-since I am clueless on any instrument , this is a work of genius to me.
Abigail loves her weekly piano lessons........a hidden benefit is the physical therapy for that left hand-CP has impaired her mobility but her determination to play has paid off, thank you Lord for her strengths.
........and even tho he has to hold still, David has real musical ability, too!

While Bill did a lot of this.......he and David were mostly outside working on the yard-removing unwanted holly bushes-nasty things!

They also trimmed all the remaining bushes out front.
Bill cut down the overgrown trees in the 'communtiy corner' of Marsel's property and we were thrilled with the new grooming until the neighbor got home and visited-she wanted to know why we cut down her trees! Oh, the joy of living near others.......She took it well, and Bruce is now researching the actual boundaries. (Yes, they had permission to maintain the 'community corner' so even the community president thought it was joint property!)
I finished David's alligator scarf........a new best friend.
And started one for Abigail in the appropriate camoflauge colors! (Grandma, are you done yet?!)

Marsel and I went to a Quilt Show! What an inspiring visit! (No photos allowed, sorry I can't share the beauty we beheld!)
We did a lot of this.............Marsel tried free motion quilting and fell in love with her new found abilities! She was fearless and the designs just flowed like she has been doing this for years and years! We made 2 more Fall tablerunners together. (Mine is on the left, Marsel's on the right)

The cats did well with the trip; they do not get to go out while visiting but they do find catful things to do like laying on the quilt that you are working on , and reintroducing yourself to the aquarium residents.

Bill and David worked on the van's brake system........it is the second generation of "push and let off now!" that Bill has trained! David loved every minute of it. A good long visit and the fact that we will be seeing them again in a month sure softens the good-byes!

PS-Bruce was at work while I did most of my picture taking, and then on a business trip but he was home long enough to get beat at Wahoo twice!

5 comments:

  1. It was wonderful all the way around, wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a wonderful visit--what a blessing! It's been so much fun for me to be able to get caught up with all of you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute kids!

    Marcel's FM quilting is really-really good! She will be an award winner in no time at all! & you can tell her a FM_machine quilt teacher said so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! The relationship between grandparents and grandchildren! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon Cindy,

    Since Jenny started her blog, I have so enjoyed connecting through to Marsel's and then yours.

    To see all that you and Bill are doing, along with Marsel and her family. It's been a blessing.


    Perhaps some day I'll figure out how to start a blog of my own. Jenny keeps telling me she would like pictures of different projects I work on, or activities at church, or whatever.

    Have a wonderful day.

    Peggy Martens

    P.S. How did you do with the quilt you entered in the contest?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...