Saturday, August 25, 2012

Finishing Up!

 I set to work in the sewing room to finish the projects that were in varying degrees of progress just lacking a supply or two. Because we took the trip to JoAnns yesterday, I now  had all the supplies I needed to finishing them up!
 I have two grandkids who will be putting these to use soon.....two Kindle covers.
 Binding applied and hand sewn to the back of the baby quilt-I placed this over Nyki's feather by mistake for the picture; boy, did she let me know it! 
 I appliqued , ribbed and snapped the baby nighties into completion!  These are made of knit fabric left over from the crib sheets!  Fun , huh?!
 They are in the 'going to Washington' pile.  I also made a nursing cape for Krystle out of the same fabric she is using in her nursery.  One nice thing about buying from a chain store-all the way across the country and I could find the matching fabric!
And I used the newly purchased ribbon to finish the booties and hanky/bonnet for the east coast  grand daughter!
I read a post on Craftzine I wanted to try- making a business card holder and because I had a little paper left over, I made a little sewing kit, too.  These will go in the random gift pile.

All in all a good day in the sewing room!

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of pretty finishes! I can hardly wait to get to Washington...how about you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy!

    Lovely items all around

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one handy woman!

    I love the Kindle covers, especially the fabric on the right one.

    You must be getting antsy to get to Washington.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...