Saturday, February 2, 2013

Saturday's Satisfactions

 First, I finished the Tutti Fruiti socks-they are definitely a smile on your feet!
 I quilted Mom's QuiltforKids......
I used a sunburst pantograph in gold.
 I pieced the block portion of my second quilt and we will get together to sew on the borders in a few days.

 Then I loaded my first quilt on the frame so I can quilt that in time to sew on the binding on our next sewing day!  I am good about getting my homework done on time .
 I also finished my bag of mending for a friend.  I make fast work of the odd assortment she collects for me.  I find it a good challenge to fix things-purse handles, to holes in clothes or toys that
need a stitch or patch.  How do you feel about mending?  Do you let it pile up or get right at it?

I also made a purse organizer for a friend's daughter who fell in love with her mom's!
 I ended my day with a batch of lemon juice for the freezer ( I put it in baggies measured for a 2 quart pitcher of lemonade.)
And some lemonade!  Now for my recliner and some entrelac knitting!

'Wait,' you say.   'You are retired, every day is like a Saturday to you!'   Well, it is definitely a mental jump of creativity on a Saturday when I can be home and spend it in the sewing room.  Give it a try!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely socks!

    i don't do mending any more!

    Please come and load a few quilts on my frame! ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still do most of the housework on saturdays, even though I'd have time enough during the week:( and no lemonade for us - more like grog in our weather:) but I do like your socks, they look like spring! mending, hm... I mend my handknitted socks, usually immediately. not so good about mending other things, whenever the sewing machine is involved I tend to procrastinate:( bad habits....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know my answer to the mending pile question...because mine always piles up until you come to visit and conquer it all for me!!! :)

    It's almost time for me to come and do projects with you -- I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you your retirement - you get to have so much fun being creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...