Thursday, March 7, 2013

Decked!

The guys started right in on the shed this morning, and moved to nailing the decking this afternoon.
 I hung up this curio cabinet we found when cleaning out that old portable garage.
 It is hanging in the sewing room over the antique sewing machine.  I filled it with little knick knacks that were out and about the house.
 Another unpacking find-an old clay plant hanger which I scrubbed, filled with new soil and a planted a baby bromeliad inside of it!
After lunch while them men worked, the ladies went to do the sleeping bag sewing.  After dinner, I sewed this bias challis scarf for Mom.  Now, I am headed to the recliner and some knitting!

2 comments:

  1. It's fun to see the curio cabinet in your Florida house since I remember it well from the parlor wall at the farmhouse! The planter is very cool, too...fun finds in the PG today. :)

    Scarf is pretty -- any particular reason to make it or 'just because'?

    Great progress on the shed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another productive day, at the Casa de Delighted Hands!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...