Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tour de Fleece 2015 Preparation

I am getting my fiber lined up for this year's spinning marathon to echo the scheduling of the Tour de France.  I am totally disinterested in sports but I do like the 'sport' of textile and this is a fun competition!
I have been collecting my rovings and I pulled out this fleece I bought last year and got it ready for washing. 
It goes into the tub of hot, sudsy water....twice. 
After two rinses, I have a very creamy soft pile of Florida Gulf Native fiber! 
After I spin it out in the washer, I lay it out on the old sliding glass door screen to dry!  The cats only knocked the screen down twice-not bad!
While I was waiting for the fleece to soak or rinse or dry, I dyed some more superwash roving. 
It is in shades of grey to black.  The 'race' begins on Saturday.  

1 comment:

  1. Too funny about the cats. I dry my fleece the same way in the sun but on several small window screens. One day I propped one up on the top rail of our very high deck and later on I found it all on the ground underneath the deck. I was worried one of the cats had jumped on it and fell. They all seem okay so if they did, they really do have nine lives!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...