Wednesday, July 15, 2015

TDF 2015 Day Eleven and a First

Tonight's yarn is a skein of Cormo fiber, 215 yards of sport weight. 
The colors will be so interesting to knit! 
I woke up to this!  A dwarf tiger lily.  I had bought a few bulbs from a special girl selling for her school.  I am pleasantly surprised at how lovely it grew  in just  few weeks and not years!
The color is so intense;  so perfect out in my pool area! 
And after this bloom, there is another one on its way! 
What a perfect specimen for a watercolor!

3 comments:

  1. You're right, that will be fun to knit...it is always so mesmerizing to wait for the next colors to appear and take shape!

    The lily is gorgeous! I love the setting with the other flowers in the pot,too. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful yarn. That's the one you dyed, right? I love tiger lilies. The little spots on them fascinated me as a kid. Flowers with freckles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

Gladys Tidings!

 Off the needles and ready for wearing!  The Gladys Socks were a great knit;   this pair were knit over 64 sts with Chroma superwash an...