Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TDF 2015 Day Three and Four

I'm so glad I have  a bunch of this fiber to spin yet because it was such an easy, soft fiber to turn into yarn!  I spun up the first four batts I carded and ended up with 272 yards.  There will be more of this later on!  Now that's something to look forward to! 
Tonight I spun up half of the superwash merino I dyed in the rainbow colorway.  I decided to split the roving into fourths so I could have two rainbow skeins.  If I had only split it in half, I would have had one skein with one long series of colors.  This is why you have to do a bit of thinking about what you are going to use the yarn for when you are getting ready to spin!  (If you don't make a determined decision before spinning, you will just have to live with what you spun-not the end of the world!)

4 comments:

  1. More finished? I am in awe. I swear I've been spinning for four to five hours every morning and I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energizer bunny...she just keeps going and going...! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

Fernandina Festivities!

 Visiting youngest son and his family for an early Christmas.  It was so quiet and peaceful with just one family at a time!    The ki...