Thursday, July 16, 2015

TDF 2015 Day Twelve

Today I spun some Hemp fiber;  it is very much like spinning linen (flax).
It feels like jute until it is washed several times.  It is a good exercise in spinning. 
These two little ounces produced a skein of 93 yards. 
It will either become a couple of luxury washcloths or I will use it with some linen for a woven table runner. 
I dug through my pile of patterns and found a cowl one in a feather and fan design so it will be reversible.  I have some Cotlin from KnitPicks to use.  I have three colors an I will be changing them after several pattern repeats.   
I needed something new on the needles because I ran out of yarn for this pair of summer socks!
More is ordered so I will see how much I can get done on the cowl before it arrives!

3 comments:

  1. Hemp fiber? I have never seen it.....off to Google it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hemp doesn't look like it's pleasant to the touch for spinning. Does it bother your hands (skin)?

    I look forward to watching the cowl grow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog!

Hat Distraction!

 I needed a hat for my Seattle son-winter temperatures have hit hard there  and since he works outside, he needed some insulation!   ...