Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Quilt Time

We enjoyed some sewing time together today to make table runners.  This pattern wasn't a very well written project-when I get over the irritation of it, I would rewrite the directions and change several steps to make it easier to piece!  Sometimes things get more complicated than they need to be!
  But Mom and I persevered and have two table runner tops to add to the quilting frame queue!!  Mom's is the top one in the picture, hers was a kit, mine is from scraps in my stash.
Dad was busy painting the trim and outside walls.

Bill was up the chimney at our house revamping a firewall that the inspector said we needed!

6 comments:

  1. You have all been busy but, although I don't mind painting, I think I'd rather be with you and your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the table runners turned out pretty even if they weren't fun to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table runners. Nothing worse than bad directions. Nice to have Mom to talk it over with. It sure helps with the frustrations..lol.
    Looks like another home project is almost finished. I am sure the fireplace will be welcome on those cool Florida days.
    Still lots of ice in our fields rather than snow..so enjoy your weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up the chimney - what a mental picture.

    Nice paint color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quilting with mom...that must have been nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you were working on the table runners together and they're going to look pretty on your table when they're finished!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

FLOWERS ON FRIDAY

But first-yesterday's Shop Hop went well-we discovered a very nice new shop in St Augustine;  always a good find!   What I bought this t...