Thursday, January 31, 2013
Cloaked
I just squeaked the January fiber entry in on time; Gotland fiber. It was a first time spin for me on this particular wool. I combed and then spun it woolen method. While it looks wiry, it is very soft for such an old breed (New Zealand) and since it was the fiber used to make the cloaks in the Lord of the Rings, it had an additional interest to me! It is a very soft medium wool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SOCKS ON SUNDAY
The second pair of Barcelona Memories 2 socks are completed! I didn't have to rip out and reknit any parts of this pair so it is beco...
-
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
I wondered how the title fitted with the post! Clever you!
ReplyDeleteI can hardly wait to get my Gotland spun up - other things first, but it will happen soon.
ReplyDelete