I smashed it in a heavy clear bag to get the size pieces I like. I haven't done any Tumbling in a year but glass is easy and only takes a week! And this is how it ended up--the light blue glass at the bottom of the strainer; the glass at the top are odd bits of glass I added to make it a full barrel. The glass is completely dry here for its final frosty beauty! How cool is that?!
Saturday, August 9, 2025
BOTTLED UP!
It started me up again--I saw someone carrying a blue bottle of Sparkling Water! Would you save that for me when it's empty? Sure no problem--and so I received two bottles when I saw them a week later! (The glass is still wet in this photo.)
When I break the glass bottles, I try to save the bottoms intact; it doesn't always happen but it's great when it does because they make great wind chimes! I also try to save the neck and this one turned out perfectly! The turquoise glass at the top is a piece I found in our yard--after heavy rains, we often find pieces of glass that have worked their way up to the surface once again! (we have found many garbage pits buried here, which was a very common way to dispose of 'trash'!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CRACKLED VARIATION
I was gifted this kit to make a table runner and so I jumped right in! I did take some creative license and made it my own design. I have i...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
My mom was a collector of beach glass and blue bottles. I have a few of her small bottles on my kitchen windowsill. The rest I donated to an antique shop who were thrilled to get them.
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful! -Marsel
ReplyDeleteHow pretty!! I will look forward to seeing what you create from the pieces!!
ReplyDeleteWhat fascinating colors!
ReplyDeleteOh, such Quilty goodness going on there! And the glass, gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteTurned out so pretty. Love colored glass.
ReplyDeleteI look forward to seeing what you do with it!
ReplyDelete