It's that time of year--when the tangerines are just about ready to eat fresh off the tree!
After dinner, we took a nice walk to the 'way out back' to see if those cleredendrum berries are ripe (they are but more on that another day) but I was surprised to see the pond so low! It hasn't been this low since 2018! Bill dug this pond over a water source so it doesn't go dry but it can get low! The pond is about 100' long and 50' wide. The tarp in the middle is a solar panel which shelters the minnows when we have those random winter freezes.
Another reason for our walk is because we are puppy-sitting again but let me make it clear, we don't do much sitting when he is here! He is a very ACTIVE dog!
I thought you would like to see my Maple trees--they don't lose their leaves until December.
But it was a very mild month and some of the trees still have quite a few leaves.
But they are also growing their new leaves--see those little red mousy ears at the tips of all of the branches! That means it is almost January!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
FRIDAY
All the blocks are completed for this variation of Winding Ways and I will be adding two narrow borders after I get these sewn into a top. ...
-
The blocks from the Disappearing Nine Patch variation now are a top! This was a very enjoyable scrappy project and I will enjoy making ano...
-
Turning a panel into a quilt! Two rows on the top and then borders will be added. I also started on my string block stars! I had so much ...
-
All of the labor is done and the fun has begun! The pattern is called Point Threading over 12 threads. On the far right is just Tabby wea...
Beautiful scenery! This is the time of year when most of us have lost the last vestiges of color outside but you still have such a beautiful intensity of it, so it’s nice of you to share it! -Marsel
ReplyDeleteWe always had a tangerine in our stocking. I look for them every Christmas but no one has them anymore. I’m not sure why.
ReplyDeleteThat all looks so warm and lovely! It's freezing rain here today, so I think it's a sewing day
ReplyDeleteLeaf buds here, too. It was in the low 70s on Christmas. Not right.
ReplyDeleteWish we had blue skies like yours! Enjoy the rest of this Holiday season. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteLoved your photos! What a beautiful place to walk!!
ReplyDelete