Thursday, September 3, 2026

READY FOR FALL

Just because I hate to be beaten by something, I finished the wall hanging again! lol  I quilted it better by quilting it and then trimming and doing a binding.  Now it lays flat!  And the different oranges are lined up the way I planned!  So there!
I also put together a second metal bench on my front porch.  Next, I will be working on the cushions for this one and the first bench I already have.  
And my friend, Mary, brought me a Fall panel which now measures 36" x 40". I added a beautiful red/gold leaf print for the borders and I will quilt this on the frame when I finish the QOV quilt-which I did NOT finish in time for the Sew Day tomorrow.  It happens!  But I am packed and will attempt to go.  I have found that if I don't eat 'real' food, my stomach stays calm.  Toast and bananas get boring by day four....
 

6 comments:

  1. Yes, the orange squares do look much better. Love the bench and look forward to seeing your cushions!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bench looks so welcoming...

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO you for persisting and getting it the way you want! Your bench is beautiful. Enjoy your sew day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your tummy troubles, but mean while you did a lovely reboot and bench. Positives to dwell upon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt looks great. I'm sorry you've not been feeling well. I agree about toast and bananas day after day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because of my missing gall bladder, toast and bananas is something I pretty much live on if I know I have to be leaving the house for any length of time. It does get old.
    The re-do of the fall wall hanging is quite the victory. Nothing lights a fire under me more than having to fix something I've done wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

READY FOR FALL

Just because I hate to be beaten by something, I finished the wall hanging again! lol  I quilted it better by quilting it and then trimming ...