I am adding a square that should begin on top of this block and not to the right of it--on top, to begin a third row
but I have picked up stitches and knit this wrong --- twice!
I laid it out (and Lena promptly laid down on the blanket bc she loves this yarn) and couldn't believe I was making the block
in the wrong place again!
I've got it right this time!
And I tried to rush this little quilt (26" x 34") and I messed up the repeat of the orange blocks , I quilted it on my domestic machine and it is horrible. The old adage of 'haste makes waste' surely applies. I have been down with the stomach bug and I obviously should've stayed in bed with my eyes closed! Sigh.
I am going to wad it up and throw it away.
Really.
Oh, don't throw it away. It is lovely and if donated will be appreciated. Hope you feel better soon!! xo
ReplyDeleteDon't you dare throw that quilt away, young lady. We can find a place for it.
ReplyDeleteLena's an expert project manager.
I had the same issue with the Hue Shift. When I finished the first section of squares I couldn't get it through my head that I was now working in the other direction. It took me three rows of squares to figure out I finally got it right.
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon!
ReplyDeleteI have done the same thing with mitered squares. It gets so frustrating when you make the same mistake over and over again. Since I'm behind on blogs because of internet issues at the campground, I already saw your quilt fix and it looks great now. I'm very glad you didn't through it away.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy