Tuesday, September 8, 2026

BIRTHING A SOCK!

So, I did it!  I know, I've made 100's of pairs of socks but this is a new construction and it really used a lot of brain cells but I am so happy to say it worked!
The gusset does not run up the sides but rather runs up the sole of the foot from the arch to the heel.
The heel is turned and then the heel flap is knit decreasing all of the extra stitches!

One more fun step left
 and I hope to accomplish that beginning tonight!


4 comments:

  1. All that talk is like Greek to me, but I love what I see so far!! Keep us posted!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My head hurts just trying to follow what you did...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful sock to me! I bet they are nice and warm and cozy!! YOu do such amazing work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A GOOD DAY TO STITCH WITH FRIENDS

I had a great time at QOV (quilts of valor) sew day yesterday;   I even came home with some 'homework'!   This is a pile of 3 1/2...