Thursday, May 22, 2008

BEACH VISIT

First thing we saw when we got to the beach were pelicans and right behind them surfaced a pair of dolphins! They all fed in this area for about an hour. It was so nice to see, I stood and watched for a long time while the boys swam and then threw a football to dry off. We then took off for a long walk and collected shells and saw this baby shark-about 15" long.




We came upon this sandbar and the guys couldn't resist a visit. They had a bit of company because the water was very calm-and the sandbar caused a few waves for fisherman in boats, jet skis and even a surfer.

The current was very slight and they had a good swim and then walked up to the sandbar-they were about a hundred feet from the shore now.



Bill joined them when they yelled that the current wasn't a hinderance and had a great time shell hunting while they were there, even a wrestling match. I waited on shore!

See the little waves but many boats....they swam back and joined me quite refreshed and ready for more walking.


We walked along the shore until we were backtracking down the intercoastal water of Matanza River and saw a school of stingrays....we kept Matthew away from them but Bill got close enough for a picture-see how long their tails are; the stinger is about 10-12" down the tail from where it is attached to the body-it is not on the very end of the tail, contrary to popular opinion.



We left the river shore and took the boardwalk back toward the ocean. We saw so many clumps of these daisies...such a happy color!


Then we enjoyed the many little lizards darting among the flowers...

And just look at the wild passion vine-it was stunning!


Caleb finished off our beach time with a bit of skimboarding....I didn't include a shot of his spill right after this....

We finished off our day with a great dinner and 2 rounds of Wahoo in which my team (Matthew and I) lost both games! Oh, well , it was perfect day anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Looks/sounds like a great day. I'm glad you all got to spend time together!

    By the way, David loved the picture of the shark; Abigail did NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful beach pictures! Although those stingrays gave me the shivers. Have you ever been zapped by one? It's a bit painful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

GLOWING WORK!

The two layer cake scrambled tops are finished!   The dimensions are 40 50".   I have the backing so they will be heading to the frame ...