Wednesday, May 7, 2008

HOT OFF THE FRAME


I just finished sewing the binding on this quilt! It is called State of Grace by Cozy Quilt Designs using the Shangri La fabric collection by 3 Sisters. I am going to keep this one on the couch in the livingroom. I quilted it with the oak leaves pantograph that came with my frame, and in the borders I used a design off the internet by Simone Struss called Metropolitain (not a typo-she's French!) I am going to load the next quilt on the frame tomorrow!

This close-up shows you the quilting better......I used YLI machine quilting thread in Dusk.
I tossed it into the washer and dryer after the first picture and the close-up shows it in its puckered state-it looks like an instant heirloom. To quote Martha Stewart, "It is a good thing."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, beautiful -- I love the oak leaf design (and it is SO you!). It will look lovely in your living room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...