Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Heirloom Baby Sewing

 This is a cute bonnet and booties set from a Martha Pullen sewing retreat I went to many years ago.  I still had all the supplies in a box so I enjoyed the fancy sewing for a change!
I assume the booties will fit for a week or so-the Minota foot size is legendary!
 The little bonnet has such cute details front and back!
 I include this little poem with the set, isn't it a neat idea?!
I am also chugging away on the Quant; I had used variegated yarn before so the 'sewing in the ends' for each row is growing a bit stale using the two solid colored yarns!  But I will persevere because I have one more to go after this one is finished!  I am sewing in the ends every four rows so I won't have a million to do when I am done with the knitting-I am trying to encourage myself with this anyway!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful baby things. I love the little hat. What a clever idea to use on your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea for a baby bonnet! And to be used as a hankie at her wedding 20 or so years from now... Brilliant!

    Don;t you just love Martha Pullen? I took a class from her down in Texas back in 2000 and she has us laughing so hard during her class. She is a wonderful story-teller!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little poem and the idea behind it. DD carried the same hanky I carried on my weeding day which was made especially for my big occasion and was kept for good - and so survived the 31+ years gap.

    Can you knit the ends in as you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. sewing machine brands

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged personalisiertes geschenk geburt baby hochzeit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice blog and articles. I am realy very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you and waiting for your new post. apotheke düsseldorf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...