Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Last Straw

 I moved the loom to the sewing room-so eager to get this project underway!
 Then it all went wrong, again and again.  I cut the 'end' loop in the middle-not the end which means the nice long warp that I made was not anymore.
I got everything threaded in the read but could get the tangles out.
I lost the tool for threading for an hour-Nyki was napping on it!
Four hours later I emitted a huge scream and gave up.  I have a loom for sale.  With all the tools of the trade.
I am no longer a weaver.  It is just not for me-I lose all my joy de vivre when I try to get this ready to weave!

No kidding-if you want to buy a Harrisville floor loom, 36" , 4 heddle/ 6 treadles, leave a comment-we will work out the details.

Off to do some knitting and get my blood pressure back to the normal range..............

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I feel your pain! What about the swap (or shouldn't I ask?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there!!! Sometimes there is satisfaction in saying "been there, done that...don't have to do it again!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a pity - won't you give it another chance, maybe after a bit of a break? you could make fabric with it - and be a seamstress afterwards?:) dress and shawl look great together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLANS AND REVISIONS

I knit the sleeve (top up) and realized that I would prefer the sleeve line up with the same color of the body. See how the shading of the  ...