During one of Will's naps, we did a design wall exercise. I have taken up the challenge on a friend's blog to pull out orphan blocks and put them in a quilt. Since that is not something I collect, I dug out my box of samples from my Grandmother and Ashley and I arranged and rearranged them until we had a pleasing layout. Now I have to fine-tune and add borders to each block so they can be sewn together. It is another good brain exercise for me!
See, the sock on the bottom, the S.T. heel, it just looks deformed. In case you haven't noticed, I like what I like and while I like hearing about new, I rarely switch my technique because they work so well for me! I will gladly rework the first sock so they match! I also changed the leg portion ribbing of the second sock into a twisted 1 x 1 rib and I am liking that better , too.