Friday, September 12, 2014

FO Friday

                         
 I took the Geology Shawl off the needles!   I have the shawl soaking now while I whip up some dyes to paint on the different regions (texture areas) to represent Florida soil!
I am researching differing layers on Google for our soil because all we see is light sand, darker beige and light brown;  I want to know if there are different colors down deep!
Then I remembered we have our very own soil peek when we dug our pool!   So I dug through the old blog pictures and found this but it already had the backing fibers in place and you couldn't see the layers!
Then Bill thought of going back and finding a picture from when we dug our water line to the house.
                        
That was a good idea and it was fun to look back through old pictures!
This one is a great example of our soil and it included my much loved TommyCat who is no longer with us .  (2008)
So finding this on the web and using the memories of the different digging projects, I now have an idea of what colors to mix up for the dyes!
 I hope to have a finished shawl to show tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. The shawl is looking just beautiful! I love the dimension of the hand painted effect.

    It was fun to see old pictures, too!

    I am excited about a new pair of "Grandma socks"...perfect timing, as we are getting close to our first few cool nights of this fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so cool! I can't wait to see how it turns out. What kind of dye are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just amazing. I never thought about dyeing something after knitting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dyeing ideas from nature - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A trip down memory lane and inspiration for dye colours. What more could you ask?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

I finished the mug rugs;  6 of them in fact!  They are 5 x 5".  I am not a coffee or tea drinker but I do like hot chocolate~ I made an...