Saturday, April 18, 2015

On the Needles

 The legwarmers are ready to mail to Ella!  Nice way to use up a partial skein of sock yarn!
I cast on 50 stitches with 2.5 needles.
 I made a hat from a pattern on Craftsy.  It was a good knit but I did have some count trouble with the picked up stitches along the cable band.   I will try it again and see if it goes more smoothly next time!  (yarn is KnitPicks chunky and the pattern is  the Weekend Cable Beret by Julia Marsh.
 I cast on a new shawl;  I haven't made one in a long time.  This one has a knit band on the bottom and then you pick up stitches and knit up into a crescent shape using short rows.   It took forever to get this far.   Not a joy on any level.  RIP!
I pulled out some sock yarn and now it moves right along!   Both of the samples have the same number of rows, one chart's worth.  The lace weight has 2" and the sock weight has 4".  I have found my yarn for this pattern!

4 comments:

  1. Those leg warmers are adorable. Someone is going to love them! That lace pattern looks great in green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leg warmers are soooo cute! They will look especially cute on Ella' s chubby legs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun leg warmers!
    I never ever knit lace yarn or with size 0 needles. It takes me long enough to get through all the sock yarn I buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cut leg warmers. Ella will be so happy. Love the green of that sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to let me know you stopped by to read my blog! If you can't get the blog to accept a comment-email me! If you don't have a blog yourself, use my email so I can then email you back-I love to respond to those who leave comments! Thanks!

PLEASANT PUTTERINGS

I did sew the rows together and cut the borders so I could sew them.  I didn't make too many mistakes (the brain is still very slow! lol...