We had a break in the basement project and dyed some Bare Superwash Roving from KnitPicks. We used Jacquard dyes.
Two different rovings and two different colorways. The first a rainbow series and the second, the sky in gradated blues.
After a bake in the oven to exhaust the dye, we let it cool and used the salad spinner to well, spin out the water from the roving!
Both of the rovings fully exhausted! Hooray!
We set them on the deck railing and let the sun dry them for us!
Oh, so pretty!
While we waited for them to dry, Marsel bent my arm to get to work on this project that I keep putting off. It is from Eli's car seat that I recovered back in January! It was fiddly and frankly I lost my mojo for it but it needed finishing. All of my words to 'tackle such monster projects head on' that I have given to my daughter came bouncing right back to me full force; she rather enjoyed blasting them my way! I did it. And it turned out great!
She knew I could do it and how wonderful it would be to have it done an ready to use!
Rainbow and sky both. Now to keep the cats off them...they love them for quite another reason!